Thursday, November 5, 2009

Job For a Cowboy, Gwar, and Lamb of God @ The Wellmont

Let me start this blog by saying this was one of the most entertaining shows I have been to in a while. What a line-up. Job For a Cowboy jump started the show. This was my third time seeing them this year, and they have not disappointed in the slightest. I am happy that there are more death metal bands out there. It is making quite the comeback and I am glad. When I was in college at the University of Florida, I remember spending many of my weekends down in the Tampa area seeing some great death metal acts. Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Dying Fetus were only a few. Job For a Cowboy take it into the next century and bring a modern flair to a music I grew up loving.





I will admit that I was a Gwar virgin before this show. They were everything I thought they were going to be. I was so scared that I was going to soak my camera, but alas, I just got some blood or other bodily fluid on it. What a fantastic subject to take pics of. I have to say that Oderus' Cuttlefish of Cthulhu was a little intimdating at first, but made a fascinating subject. I think I got some kick ass pics of it. Blood, guts, cum.. sprayed all over the crowd and myself. Now I call that a show.



Then last, but not least, Lamb of God hits the stage. Mark Morton did not play a few dates on the tour, so Doc from God Forbid filled in for him. What a fun fill in that was! I was joking around with friends calling the temporary line up Lamb Forbid or God of God. I think Doc did a great job of filling in for Mark, which is not an easy thing to do. I got some great shots of the band and I had fun jamming out with them. I have to say I took one of my best shots at this show and it happened to be of Doc




1 comment: