Friday, August 20, 2010

The Mayhem Festival

To say that the day was a hot one, is the understatement of the year. My good friend Fern and I headed down to Camden midday and were ready to see some amazing music. The lineup this year was a great one, and I couldn't wait to snap away. We got to do it again 5 days later at the PNC in Holmdel. We were lucky to be able to go to the after parties and I got to chat with some of my favorite musicians. And well, yeah I took a ton of pics.

Understand that these festivals are EXTREMELY tiring. It not only sucks because the heat is unbearable, the pavement that you stand on just amplifies the heat. Add lots of added on weight of a camera/lens or two, and that calls for a long day.

I grabbed a bunch of shots from both shows. I think that the final count was about 2800 pics from both dates. I have only posted about half of the shots right now on my site. Of course, the first band I posted were my friends in Lamb of God. I was sad to have them play such a short set. I really forgot what it was like to see them play for less than an hour.

I got to see Korn and White Zombie again. I have not seen them on a big stage before and they did not disappoint.

Check out the pics of Lamb of God, Chimaira, Shadow's Fall, and 3 Inches of blood. The first 3 bands listed have both sets from both dates up. I only got to catch 3 Inches of Blood down in Camden.

I am chugging along with the other bands, so be patient with me. I unfortunately have to work a day job that eats up most of my time. One day I will be able to afford to do photography full time, and I will be quicker about my upload times!

No comments:

Post a Comment